Saturday, February 6, 2010

B is for Bisco


B is for Bisco, my baby boy who I bridle up and ride.

A lot of you are probably thinking "who is this Bisco, and why the heck does she put a bridle on him?" or even "what is a bridle anyways?".

Don't worry, I haven't gone insane (though, now that I think about it, I can't really say that). Bisco, in short, is a horse. But not just any horse. He's a beautiful speckled chestnut paint who stole my heart the very first time I saw him. He's not mine, I just ride him and groom him, but I wish sooooo much that he was.

Now, all horses are special. But Bisco and I, there's something about us that just clicks into place. He listens to me unlike he's even listened to anybody before, and he does what I tell him too (though sometimes he can be a bit of a fart). He canters and jumps amazingly, though he is a bit stubby. He's NOT a pony though, just horse that's slightly smaller than normal (a bit like me, but I'm not an equine creature). His base color (WHOOO LOOK AT ME I'M REBEL NOT SPELLING IT THE CANADIAN WAY) is white, but he's a chestnut paint. The chestnut parts of him, though, are not solid but in fact made up of tens of million of little specks of that colour.

But Bisco is NOT a perfect horse in every way, but nobody is. He has a bit of an annoying habit of blowing out his stomach while you're putting on his girth, and you need a firm grip on his reins when you're on his back (especially when you go from trot to canter- then he yanks you down as yard as he can). Today another girl in my class was going to ride him because we were getting a feel of the other horses, and when she just made him go in a circle he yanked her right out of the saddle when he put his head down, so she was just lying on his neck (which can't have been comfortable for the old horse).

Bisco may be a bit frisky and.... eh, let's just say, not quite perfect, but he still is my favourite horse in the world, and probably will always have a special place in my heart.

Wow, was that cheesy or what?

2 comments: